JC Realty Regina's 12 Days Of Giving Is Underway
We have been so grateful for your past support of our community initiatives, and we would love for you to join us again this year in our 12 Days of Giving this holiday season! It may be easy for us to take food, clothing, and shelter for granted, but so many in our city are desperately scraping by for their basic needs. Here is what we have in store to help Regina’s most vulnerable, and we want you to be a part of it. Here are three ways you can help!
1. FILL THE FRIDGE
Regina has three local community fridges. JC Realty Regina will be filling the fridges throughout December. Here’s where you come in: We are looking for our corporate partners, families, and friends to either join us or get your crew to dedicate a day to go! Commit to filling the fridge with your group or join us on one of our days to increase the giving. See attached sheet for locations and most wanted items.
2. WE WANT YOUR WINTER WEAR
We will be asking our contacts to participate in donating new or gently used winter gear for all ages. We will be donating to North Central Family Centre, Carmichael Outreach, and Sofia House. Have your gear to the JC Realty Office by Dec. 9th.
3. EMERGENCY KIT SUPPLIES FOR THE YWCA EMERGENCY SHELTER
The YWCA gives out over 8000 emergency hygiene kits a year and their stock is depleting. Help us restock their inventory to assist those seeking shelter this coming year.
Details are attached. Let us know if you are interested in participating and we’ll coordinate appropriately. Thanks for your consideration.
HOLIDAY GIVING SCHEDULE
Dec. 5 JC REALTY REGINA - FILL THE FRIDGE
Dec. 6 JC REALTY REGINA - SOULS HARBOUR SUPPER SERVICE
DEC. 7 SOFIA HOUSE WINTER WEAR DELIVERY
Dec. 8 JC REALTY REGINA - FILL THE FRIDGE
Dec. 9 CARMICHAEL OUTREACH WINTER WEAR DELIVERY
DEC. 12 JC REALTY REGINA - FILL THE FRIDGE
Dec. 13 JC REALTY REGINA - FILL THE FRIDGE
Dec. 14 YWCA EMERGENCY SHELTER KITS DROP OFF
Dec. 15 NORTH CENTRAL FAMILY CENTRE WINTER WEAR
Dec. 16 JC REALTY REGINA - REGINA FOOD BANK BASKETS
Dec. 19 JC REALTY REGINA - FILL THE FRIDGE
Dec. 20 JC REALTY REGINA - FILL THE FRIDGE
Filling the fridges on our “days off” is ideal, but filling any fridge any day in December is appreciated!
FILL THE FRIDGE INFORMATION
- grab some groceries on the preferred list and pick a location for one of the days
- send us a GC to go shopping on your behalf, or send an e-transfer to [email protected]
- get a group of friends, family, and colleagues and make it more the merrier
1510 12th Avenue @heritagecommunityregina
2104 Garnet Street @reginacommunitycathedral
3037 Dewdney Street @reginacommunityfridge
PLEASE TAG THEM WHEN YOU ARE THERE IN ANY SOCIAL POSTS TO RAISE AWARENESS AND USE OUR #FILLTHEFRIDGE HASHTAG
MOST NEEDED ITEMS FOR THE FRIDGES
- milk, alt. milk, yogurt, cheese, butter, eggs, bread
- fruit, veggies, bottled drinks like water, juice, Gatorade
- frozen meals, frozen pizzas, perogies, frozen fruit and veggies
- soups, cereal, easy-to-go snacks individually wrapped, protein shakes
- baby food, toiletries, feminine hygiene products, formula
- to-go meals individually sealed from a certified commercial kitchen or store
- NO RAW MEAT OF ANY KIND, NO EXPIRED FOODS
- Give them a follow on Instagram for more details and how you can order through the FlashFood App
WINTER WEAR WISH LIST (all ages - all genders)
- toques, scarves, mitts, coats, ski pants (NEW OR NEXT TO NEW PLEASE - Nothing ripped or with broken zippers)
YWCA EMERGENCY SHELTER KITS
- (NEW - NOTHING USED) soap, shampoo, conditioner, tampons, pads, women’s underwear, deodorant, toothbrush/floss/paste, lotion, brushes, hair accessories