JC Realty Regina's Season of Giving
As the holiday season unfolds, we find ourselves reflecting on how grateful we are to call Regina our home. This year, more than ever, we are inspired to give back and share the warmth that surrounds us. Join us in spreading joy, kindness, and goodwill as we come together to make a positive impact. Here's how you and your family can pitch in if you can this season, right here in our city.
More people than ever before are experiencing food insecurity in our city, as our food bank reported a significant rise in visits. Due to the high rise in the cost of living and food inflation, there has been a 37% increase in visits to the Regina Food Bank, 40% of those being children. Here are a few things you can do to help!
- Regina Food Bank: find out where you can help donate, volunteer, or coordinate a food drive
- Brainstorm ways that you can raise awareness about food insecurity in your community and encourage others to join.
- How can I advocate for policies or initiatives at the local level?
- Souls Harbour Rescue Mission: Grab a group and volunteer for a meal service
- Directly donate food to local Regina community fridges for immediate help. Locations and most wanted items are below:
We have been supporting the YWCA for several years, trying to spread awareness on the vital work they do in our city. Last year alone, they have turned away over 1500 people because they are at capacity. My Aunt's Place is one of the only emergency shelters solely for women and children who are leaving domestic violence situations. Find out more on how you can donate, volunteer, and help create change.
There are a number of non-profits in Regina, always looking for warm clothing and winter wear this time of year. Reach out ahead of time to coordinate a time to drop off new or gently used winter wear.